Thursday, September 3, 2009

pretty things in the mail





My friend Kate is an avid and wonderful cook and definitely started me down the path to appreciating good food. When I first moved to Toronto I shared a flat with her and one other girl and the two of them introduced me to cooking good food from fresh ingredients. My cooking style and repetoire has grown and changed a lot since then but I really have Kate to thank for helping me to get my feet wet in a world where I would no longer be dependent upon (or even enjoy) toaster pizzas and french fries.

As a bit of a treat, I sent her a lovely yet usable apron as she does a lot of baking. The apron came from Boojiboo on etsy. I got a note the other day that she received the package and was quite happy with it as she had actually been shopping around for one she liked. Perfect timing gifts always feel so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment